Monday, July 03, 2006

Several Pieces of Good News that are Mostly Unrelated to the Upcoming Holiday that Glorifies War

1. My letter to the editor was published in this week's Maine Sunday Telegram (dunno how long that link is good for, sorry).
 
2.  I'm Seeing Someone.  I don't even think we share any exes.
 
3. I have been invited to be a monthly lesbian radio correspondent on our local college radio station.  I'll be talking with the producer about details this week and you know I won't be able to shut up about it once I know more. Being a lesbian radio correspondent makes me feel like I should get a fedora, but I'm not sure why that is. 
 
4. I picked 6 quarts of strawberries this weekend, while eating roughly half that many in the field where we picked them.  Tonight: making jam with one of my favorite people in the entire universe while listening to a song about strawberry jam.
 
5. I don't have to work tomorrow, so I'm going to go to a kid-friendly queer BBQ and then elbow strangers for a piece of the Hill from which to watch the big loud sparkly lights. 

2 comments:

Jen said...

I sort of thought it was a Portlander myth. Like the tunnels under the city, and good queer clubs. The key is not to ask too many questions. That way you don't *know* about any shared exes.

Jen said...

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Labels

Blog Archive