Friday, January 05, 2007

Can You Recommend a Book About...

I recently got a request for a book recommendation. This is one of my favorite things in the world. I think that my backup career choice would be to work in a library or bookstore so that I could just recommend books to people all day long.

So the request was for a book about the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender experience(s) that is accessible to a non-LGBT audience. They want to read the book and discuss it.

I immediately thought of:

Rubyfruit Jungle by Rita Mae Brown
She's Not There by Jennifer Finney Boylan
Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg

What would you suggest? I realized that I'm lacking knowledge of good books about the gay male experience, so any of those would be great too.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive