Thursday, November 02, 2006

It Never Gets Old

I love to read the comments that people post in response to stories on Mainetoday.com.  Only the most radical and half-baked comments get posted.  Ever. 
 
Got a story about censorship?  It's followed by dozens of comments about the decline of our country due to political correctness and nuggets like "freedom isn't free."
 
Read a story about social welfare?  The comments will be pearls of wisdom like "can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em" with frequent referrals to bootstraps and bleeding heart liberals.
 
Today I think I read the best one ever.  In response to a story about how Millinocket is becoming a tourist destination (I know, life is weird), someone posted a response in Spanish, to which Jim, in Anytown, ME replied:
 
WHAT DID HE SAY? CAN ANYONE AT THE PAPER PUT THAT INTO ENGLISH, PLEASE....THIS IS AMERICA, IF WANT TO LIVE HERE SPEAK AND WRIGHT ENGLISH.
 
I hope Jim, "if want to live here" learns to "wright" English pretty soon too. Maybe he could do that with his free time instead of posting ignorant comments on a website. 
 
Cripes.

1 comment:

J said...

I count on the comments section of Mainetoday.com for my daily dose of entertainment

Labels

Blog Archive