Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Fogey


fogey
Originally uploaded by bec.w.
I discovered this weekend that the line between old-man aesthetic and dyke aesthetic is very, very thin.

I was getting dressed for this geriatric-themed costume party in a button-down, blazer, and driving cap, thinking that I would go as a dapper old gent. But then I realized that I wear that *exact same* outfit pretty often when I'm not dressing up for a costume party.

Hence the bow tie.

As if that makes it different, since I borrowed the bow tie from an ex who wears it non-ironically.

And at the party, no, I did not drink any of the milk of magnesia shots going around, although I did play Dan C's polyamory love song in response to a misogynist "joke" song.

And cried, a little, after I got home.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive