Friday, March 24, 2006

Wash Your Hands

I don't know why I torture myself like this.  I have a few [ahem] issues with germs and dirt, especially other people's germs and dirt.  My own is pretty much OK, except for that black cruddy stuff that collects around the faucet.  That stuff makes me shiver and cower.  
 
Sci-fi novels and movies about epidemics literally keep me up at night (cumulatively I bet these have cost me a month's worth of sleepless nights: The Stand [which I read when I was fifteen and haven't recovered from yet], Parable of the Talents and Parable of the Sower, 28 Days Later, The Sheep Look Up) 
 
So of course I love to visit websites like this one, the World Health Organization list of disease outbreaks by year, and to share knowledge like this with others--even though nobody really needs to know it at all.

Talk about sickness...

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive