Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Updates &tc.

New column up shortly at The Bollard. You can also hear it in my own dulcet voice on Lesbian Radio Thursday (tomorrow!) sometime between 1:30 and 3:00 pm EST. Stream it here.

Reporter query: looking for polyamorous heterosexuals. No, really.

Western Mass was great, although it turns out that I don't like Tibetan food and that my menstrual cycle hates me. Interesting circle, that.

Does anyone but me find the Landmark Forum thing creepy? I keep getting invitations from people and I kind of want to run away from anything that promises all of the answers to my problems.

Speaking of answers, it's time for the question of the day: how does one rebuild patience after it's all used up? Suggestions welcome. But be careful how you answer because, well, I don't have any and tact seems to be in low supply as well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard question. I got a tattoo to remind me about it. It works, sometimes. At least i think so. Ask S;)

Jen said...

RE: Anonymous, re: Landmark:

I support people making positive changes in their lives. However, the aggressiveness with which this is marketed makes me uncomfortable, in the same way that I get uncomfortable when people try to convert me to their religion, or political party, or whatever. If it works for you that's great, but please don't push it on me unless I express interest.

I've literally gotten five invitations/ introductions to Landmark in the past few months (from people whose opinions I respect and care about) and it all makes me feel like someone's trying to sell me something, and something I don't need, to boot.

Which in turn produces the same kind of irritation that I get from telemarketers, credit card companies, and tv commercials. It also makes me feel like these friends just view me as a potential consumer (or joiner, or whatever) and not so much as a friend any more. I don't like feeling that way.

Jordan said...

I find it creepy as well.

Labels

Blog Archive