Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hometown Heroes Redux

I'm home today with S, who had an alarming fever last night (104.3) and is still sick today. Thank goddess for the internet and cable tv. Otherwise I might be busy cleaning the house and stuff.

So this isn't really from my hometown, but it is from the newspaper that serves my hometown, the Kennebec Journal. One of my very favorite things to do is read the police log, because I often know people in it. Also because the things that rural police are asked to do are f'king hilarious. Like this one, in today's paper:

TUESDAY

At 4:07 p.m., deputies responded to a caller on the Dr. Mann Road who said he was hit on the head with a microwave and was hearing voices. The caller wanted the deputies to drive by his home with their police radios to determine whether the radio was also picking up the conversation.

Can you get shit like that in a big city paper? I don't think so. I hope the poor guy got an ambulance.

1 comment:

bec said...

ouch, laughing at work.

Labels

Blog Archive