Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy Snow Day

I woke up this morning to the particular grey light of a snow day, and I knew my company wouldn't be coming from Central Maine for brunch. No matter, I cooked the cinnamon rolls anyway, and the baked beans will hold until lunch. (Although I fear that now I won't see these friends until spring, and I have some urgent chicken matters to discuss with them. I mean, and they're wicked fun to talk to, also. Clearly.)

But all the urgency is removed from the day, and there is suddenly a blank swath of time that stretches until bedtime tomorrow. That's my favorite thing about snow days: the unexpected gift of nothingness.

I might watch a movie or three. I might not. I might do some yoga or take a walk. I might just lay on the couch in front of the TV. At any rate, the day is completely up to mine and Daughter's whims and wants--a rarity in our overscheduled lives.

Here are a few things I've enjoyed recently, in case you're lazing around the internet as well:

Letters to Barack Obama from the kids at 826 Valencia

Paul Constant on Smobriety

The intro from 3-2-1 Contact on youtube

What sustainability can mean on feministe

Stunning pictures of the Earth from The Big Picture

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive